Earth day annually celebrates the birth of the modern environmental movement which started in the 1970’s. This day is meant to showcase support for environmental protection and highlight any areas of crisis. We’re sure you’ll want to show your support for this internationally recognised day, so AirBrush has put together a list of inspiring and postable quotes. Use any of these to celebrate Earth Day and hopefully get others thinking about how we impact the earth, both positively and negatively.
Solidarity with Nature
These quotes celebrate Earth Day by recognising the things that make humans part of nature and the part we play in taking care of it, as it takes care of us. Use the FJ-1 Filter to brighten blue skies and water on your travels.
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
- “We are on Earth to take care of life. We are on Earth to take care of each other.” — Xiye Bastida
- “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” —Carl Sagan
- “No one comes from the earth like grass. We come like trees. We all have roots.” —Maya Angelou
- “First thing in the morning you look after yourself, you brush your teeth and wash your face, don’t you? Well, the second thing you must do is to look after the planet.” —Antoine De Saint-Exupery
An endless spring of inspiration and beauty, the Earth can be awe-inducing. If you resonate with this feeling, use one of these posts below to spread the feeling. The Clean Filter bumps up the contrast in your photos for a dramatic effect.
- “Land really is the best art.” —Andy Warhol
- “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and my soul.” —John Muir
- “The real you is loving, joyful and free. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun.” —Don Miguel Ruiz
- “It is a blessing to be the color of the earth; do you know how often flowers confuse me for home?” —Rupi Kaur
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”. —Khalil Gibran
Lessons from Nature
Celebrate Earth Day by recognising the numerous lessons the earth can teach us. Whether in quiet contemplation or spellbound fright, nature wordlessly conveys apt analogies for us to learn from. Glow-2 adds a crisp effect to convey the beauty of lush scenery.
- “Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished.” —Lao Tzu
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
- “Look at a tree, a flower, a plant. Let your awareness rest upon it. How still they are, how deeply rooted in Being. Allow nature to teach you stillness.” —Eckhart Tolle
- “Look after the land and the land will look after you, destroy the land and it will destroy you.” —Aboriginal Proverb
- “You can never see a plant grow, but they do.” —Carol Plum-Ucci
Nature as Medicine
Not only do we mean the literal medicine that comes from the flora and fauna. Nature has a soothing effect on the human spirit. These quotes celebrate Earth Day and the balm de nature that replenishes us all. FUT-1 sharpens and heightens colors for a realistic capture of your photo.
- “I firmly believe nature brings solace in all troubles.” —Anne Frank
- “There is no medicine you can take that has such a direct influence on your health as a walk in a beautiful forest.” —Dr. Qing Li
- “A walk in nature, walks the soul back home.” – Mary Davis
- “Come to the woods for here is rest.” – John Muir
- “To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.” – Jane Austen
Select any one of these categories and use it for an easy-breezy post that reflects your favorite aspect of nature. Of course, the point is to get people into action, so be sure to link to or describe what your followers can do to support and celebrate Earth Day. AirBrush, the easy photo editor, will be here to make sure you’re always looking your best in your natural state as well. When you post the photos, tag them with #AirBrushApp so everyone can find them. Then follow @AirBrushOfficial over on Instagram for our latest tips, tricks and hacks!